Global Logistics ManagerLocation Cork, Ireland Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
The Global Distribution Supply Chain manager will serve as an integral member of the Supply Chain team with specific responsibility for external operations. Ensuring efficient and effective execution of BioMarin’s commercial Logistics operation delivering world class customer service at optimal cost, in a sensitive temperature-controlled environment. This role is responsible for delivering product on time, in full and in compliance with applicable regulations.
The Global Supply Chain Distribution Manager will consult with the Global Supply Chain planners to help
co-ordinate intercompany drug substance and drug product moves and finished goods order placement through to final delivery to the customer.
Be familiar with all applicable HPRA, FDA, WHO and other agencies guidelines in relation to the receiving, storage and distribution of pharmaceutical products.
This position supports the planning and distribution of BioMarin Pharmaceutical products to and from third party manufacturing, packaging, and distribution facilities globally.
Note that individual responsibilities may include all or part of responsibilities defined below depending on individual experience and abilities and may change to best support on‑going business needs.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These individuals build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
- Responsible for the management of customer demand in conjunction with Global Customer Management Team with the objective of ensuring 100% order fulfilment while working to tight timelines
- Accountable for the day-day operational needs of our Primary 3PL’s within the EU
- Further development of internal and external relationships through effective communication, at a minimum supporting weekly meeting and MBR’s.
- Ownership and accountability for the day-to-day planning, execution activities and order-to-cash activities.
- Strong ERP experience to help prepare the Global Supply Chain Operations for SAP.
- Responsible for, daily monitors of EDI and other automated processes, resolve issues with the Global Customer Service & Supply Chain Teams to ensure daily business processes flow without interruption.
- Identify, troubleshoot & track EDI/Automation related issues with internal/external partners to resolution.
- Co-ordinate with the Global Supply Chain Planners for temperature-controlled shipping and delivery between contract manufacturing operations, packaging sites, distribution centres and customers
- Accountable for delivering key performance indicators and score cards to agreed target.
- Driving business solutions and continuous improvement initiatives which will add value to the logistics function and the wider Supply Chain
- Lead for upcoming product launches, associated complexity and the need to be actively engaged with partner readiness activities.
- Establishment and maintenance of standardized distribution practices, processes, systems and related requirements for the Logistics team, 3PL partners and carriers
- Management of transport temperature monitoring data collection, deviation and CAPA management
- Work with Global Trade Compliance and Distribution compliance to ensure Logistics activities are executed and documentation completed in a compliant manner as per GDP guidelines.
- Develop and roll out an audit readiness program for the distribution and Logistics teams.
- Support budget development and adherence, submitting annual budgets for approval
- SOP updates and lane assessment management.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A relevant third level qualification in Supply Chain, business administration, or related disciplines.
- Masters or higher degree preferred.
- Experience in Lean Six Sigma (green belt)
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a highly regulated Supply Chain environment (pharmaceutical, medical devices, etc) is required. experience in project management with external partners, from charter to close out.
- Experience in cold chain shipping solutions for finished goods across all temperature ranges in the pharmaceutical industry.
- High level understanding of the validation of Supply Chain required fridges and freezers is a distinct advantage.
- Experience in Distribution centre / 3PL technical oversight, including procedure writing and training.
- Experience with project tools and computer applications including Visio for process mapping.
- Proficiency with Trackwise and ERP systems.
- Must be quality oriented and possess a rigorous attention to detail, coupled with a demonstrated track record of delivering on goals and on initiative to institute change.
- Ability to analyse processes and create detailed procedures which mirror all relevant activities.
- Experience in 3PL and DC auditing and subsequent report out.
- Working knowledge of GDP/GMP regulations is required.
- Logistics providers workings and experience beneficial.
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a team player and be skilled at influencing without authority.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.