Engineering & EHS Coodinator (TEMPORARY)Location Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients.
Provide administrative support to the Engineering & EHS teams on site.
Reporting to the Engineering Director, the primary role of the Engineering & EHS Administrator is to provide administrative support to the team
Main areas of responsibility:
• Assist with co-ordination and set up of team events and meetings as required
• Assist with on and off boarding of new resources to the team
• Automation – perform some system admin tasks such as access control and security
• Organisation and co-ordination of travel for department colleagues as required
• Desk allocation management
• Prepare purchase requisitions for team, manage requests in-box ensuring speedy generation of PO’s and compliance with procurement procedures
• Processing of credit card payments for team as required, allocation of same on Concur
• Act as Knowledge manager for the team and maintain O365 sharepoint folder structures. Ensure compliance with retention policies.
• Generate Weekly Metrics Report (Trackwise, Compliance Wire and Mirashare)
• Generate Weekly Mirashare (Incidents and Actions) Report
• Maintain Department Job Function Curricula Matrix and assign curricula as required through creation of IT Tickets
• Maintain Department Job Description Matrix and update/assign Job Descriptions as required
• Maintain Department Email Distribution Lists
• Set up of resources and vendors on iProcure/Oracle – Projects and Maintenance/Utilities
Assist on site resources with the following activities:
• Manage preparation of legal contracts for new vendors in support of Maintenance and Utilities team in conjunction with SMEs and Legal
• Proactively report on and initiate contract extensions for existing vendors, prior to expiry dates and manage contract requests and priorities.
• Work with Accounts Payable to ensure that invoices are paid in a timely manner and that associated receipts are being completed on site
• Procurement requirements – raise, costing, tracking of all dept. purchase orders working with SMEs to close/modify POs as required. Play a key role in improvements & developments of procurement procedures
• Receipting of financial invoices for services completed on site for facilities services.
• Collection of monthly accrual information for all open POs – managing closure of POs in a timely manner.
• Act as backup for uploading department training records to Compliance Wire.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Excellent level of administrative skills and knowledge of all Microsoft office applications
• Understanding & experience of procurement, accounting systems, i.e. Oracle or similar
• High level of organization, planning and facilitation skills
• Strong customer service focus, excellent organizational skills and proven time management skills.
• Very strong interpersonal and communication skills and a strong ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong ability to work to tight deadlines.
• Strong ability to work on cross functional teams
• Have a flexible approach to adapt to the change in business needs during the start-up of the facility
• Experience of working in a multinational corporate environment (within a Maintenance team) preferred
• Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.