Director, Supply Chain Process ManagementLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This position will develop and drive the implementation of a global strategic roadmap to improve and scale business processes and effective business use of Oracle ERP within Supply Chain to meet the growing needs of our business. This role will be responsible for process engineering and functional alignment of systems, in collaboration the Information Management (IM) organization to deliver new and improved solutions. This position will play an important role as a key thought leader in process management and a leader of the Business Process Management Community within the organization.
This position will define and execute the following core activities related to process development and improvement, design and implementation of key performance indicators (KPIs) within a GxP environment, leveraging our existing Oracle e-Business Suite of products. This position will ensure process and system user requirements are properly defined and met and tasks are accomplished within defined timeframes at the highest quality with attention given to detail and scalability. In addition, this position will be responsible for ensuring the process and system solutions delivered actually adds value to the business and will manage all satisfaction, utilization, and ROI calculations of the solutions.
- Identify areas of improvement with a focus on business process and systems and translate these opportunities into deliverable solutions
- Lead the gathering, documentation, and management of system & process requirements
- Manage all satisfaction, utilization, and ROI calculations of the solutions delivered
- Use informal management skill to work with cross-functional groups and contractors to ensure successful and timely deliverables
- Management of Process Improvement roadmaps
- Manage the Business Process Management Community
- Create business cases for identified process improvements and solutions
- Attend relevant conferences to stay informed of latest developments e.g., Gartner, Oliver Wight, APICS, Oracle Open World, etc. (~4 per year)
- Champion ongoing and future process improvement initiatives to implement best practices.
- Designs E2E processes and workflows that maximize efficiency and maintains high levels of customer service
- Models and enhances business process diagrams, SIPOCs, and RACIs to capture both current and future state, using business process modeling tools.
- Guides Supply Chain Leaders in understanding and utilizing quality and continuous improvement methodologies, establishing connections between process management initiatives and business strategies and identifying and high-impact process improvement opportunities.
- Works with key stakeholders to optimize business solutions and provide input into new process capability requirements driving an improved implementation experience
- Takes the appropriate approach in process reengineering and improvements with the Operational Excellence (OE) team (e.g., Lean, Design Thinking, Six Sigma, Kaizen, DMAIC).
- Demonstrates the effective use of change management disciplines to prepare the business for change and ensure user adoptions. Validates that intended outcomes and benefits are achieved.
- Leads business process discussions across business functions and between the business and IT, driving the vision of more reliable, efficient and agile business operations
- Communicates and translates required business process capabilities and outcomes effectively between business process areas and supporting departments (such as the IM organization).
- Establishes and leads the Business Process Management Community, including Process Owners and Super Users to drive high levels of process performance and user adoption
- Establishes process performance metrics with functional and business line inputs.
Uses these metrics to determine key areas of improvement for delivering reliable performance and Supply Chain Resiliency.
- Prepares and distributes balanced scorecards and other reporting as needed focusing on quality, process KPIs, project or initiative status.
- Facilitates KPI target setting with senior management
- BS/BA in related discipline, (MA preferred)
- Lean/Six Sigma Black-Belt active certification
- APICS CPIM and CSCP active certification
- 8+ years of experience in project/portfolio management role
- 8+ years of experience in Supply Chain Planning
- Excellent verbal and written communication including strong presentation and group speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as individually
- Must be able to work with limited direction and be a self-starter
- Must have a desire to learn new business operations
- Must be a visionary able to bring the vision to fruition
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must have understanding of technologies that support supply chain
- Experience and command of coordinating contract staff
- Functional Experience in Oracle e-Business Suite of Supply Chain products a must (e.g. Demantra, ASCP, OBIEE).
- Super-user understanding of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Visio, Access, Project, Power Point)
This position will have a significant role in the success of corporate efficiencies by providing productivity enhancements, program management, and specialized training within the Technical Operations group. In addition, this position will play a critical role in supporting the growth of the global supply chain planning operations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; high pressure and temperature utility systems, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, Project).
- Oracle Access to UAT, and Production environments
- Computer and peripherals
Interacts with all levels of the following departments:
- Supply Chain
- Quality Assurance
- CMO Operations
- Information Management
This position will not have direct reports but may be required to manage consultants/contractors reporting to it on a project basis.
- Relevant experience – 7 to 10 years.
- Self-starter, requires little direction
- Responsible for project strategy and oversight
- Oversees contract personnel
- Manages projects with successful results
- Strong understanding of business processes
- Strong understanding of advanced project management activities.
- Successful completion of formal change management course
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.