Cost AccountantLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin is seeking a highly motivated Cost Accountant to join their EUMEA Finance team, based in the Shanbally biotechnologymanufacturing facility. Responsibilities will include inventory and cost accounting for production at the Shanbally facility and at contract manufacturers. The Cost Accountant will be part of a team responsible for EUMEA manufacturing and supply chain finance operations for BioMarin’s products throughout multiple stages of production and distribution. This position will be a key member of a cross-functional accounting team,collaborating extensively with regional and global finance teams and technical operations teams.
- Month end close responsibilities include review of manufacturing activity to ensure accurate inventory valuation, accruals, journal entries, excess & obsolescence analysis and correct treatment of technical operations overhead.
- Prepare monthly Balance Sheet reconciliations including timely resolution of reconciling items.
- Responsible for inventory valuation including material purchases, overhead absorption and contract manufacturing costs.Develop an understanding of material flow at bulk manufacturing through to fill/finish stage to ensure accuracy of inventory values and categorisation.
- Ensure tolling activity is accurately accounted for and reconciles with inventory balances at manufacturing site.
- Ensure correct accounting for Buy/Sell agreements and associated intercompany inventory transactions.
- Review and maintain cycle counts and initiate action on any discrepancies. Work closely with CMO, supply chain and manufacturing departments to ensure inventory accuracy at all locations.
- Assist with ad-hoc financial analysis and queries, including preparation of management reporting and variance analysis.
- Ensure internal procedures and controls are maintained and followed in line with corporate standards and policies.
- Ensure compliance with US GAAP and local GAAP for inventory accounting. Work with internal and external auditors as required.
- Support Management and Senior Cost Accountant as required.
- Collaborate with other finance colleagues, at local, global and corporate level to ensure financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives to drive process efficiencies and participate in transformation projects as required.
- Build and maintain close collaboration with manufacturing, contract manufacturing and supply chain teams on site and at regional locations.
- Qualified accountant.
- One to two years of experience working in a multi-national manufacturing environment is an advantage.
- Experience with integrated an ERP system, general ledger functions, sub-ledger processes, and period closing. Understanding of relationship of other accounting functions to cost accounting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word, Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and internal control environment desirable.