CAD Technician (Temporary)Location Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
This is a 12 month consultant role
We are a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions. A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as organizational skills.
The CAD Technician reports to the Capital Projects Manager and is responsible for control of drawings
The main areas of responsibility of this role are as follows:
- Plan & track project documentation per timeline cGMP project closure requirements.
- Communicate project documentation progress & issues with Project Managers and Team members.
- Coordinate multiple projects and meet required project milestones and schedules.
- Create and revise CAD drawings submitted by project engineers, including mechanical, electrical, instrumentation & architectural.
- Ensure that revised drawings are accurate, meet applicable engineering standards, and are approved by the appropriate project team member, and plant representative.
- Field verify drawings and drawing packages by conducting plant walk downs.
- Collect, distribute, and file documents in accordance with project and engineering standards (i.e., drawings and vendor documentation etc.).
- Maintain electronic and physical document archives that are current, accessible, and comply with engineering standards.
- Support project documentation workflow in EDMS and the document/drawing turnover process.
- Capture documentation lessons learned from each project, implement continuous improvement.
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.