Business Process Excellence ManagerLocation Cork, Ireland Workstyle Open to Hybrid Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Business Process Excellence Manager - Shanbally, Cork
Hybrid role - minimum 3 days per week onsite
OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Reporting into the Director of Business Operations at Shanbally, the Business Excellence Manager will be expected to relentlessly drive the business forward while simultaneously increasing their own technical capability through training and experience as well as the capability of others. They will lead the achievement and sustainment of performance excellence, primarily through the use of lean and six sigma methodologies. This role adds value by 1) supporting the business to accelerate the strategic improvement journey and 2) building OE capability across the organisation and 3) implementing robust OE infrastructure to sustain the improvement journey.
- Improve all elements of the business through (but not limited to) the following:
- Deploy solutions to key business processes on site, aligned with the site strategic improvement plan. Improvement will be delivered in partnership with the business typically through lean, reengineering or Six Sigma.
- Support the ‘on the ground’ implementation of lean solutions on site to help maximize overall site performance. Key elements for deployment will include visual metrics, performance management, 5S, standard work, LSW and gemba to support the business.
- Continuously challenge the status quo in terms of performance and process on site.
- Coach Lean, Reengineering and/or Six Sigma projects as required by the business.
- Provide business relevant training as required for lean and/or six sigma.
- Become proficient with RCAR’s and may be expected to manage the program.
- Manage the collection and reporting of metrics as required by the site.
- Participate actively in regular staff and strategy meetings to agree priorities and tactics.
- Proactively work with BPE in Novato to maintain alignment and share best practices.
- General maintenance of alignment in methodology, procedure and governance within TOPs.
- Cognitive capability – Ability to learn quickly and to be able to share those learnings to wider colleagues in a way that is understandable.
- Ownership and Accountability – Takes accountability for actions, drives results, and able to learn from mistakes. Delivers on promises, goals, and expectations. Makes quality decisions and resolves problems with minimal delay as appropriate. Asks “what can I do to help?”
- Collaborative Leadership - Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment. High tolerance for ambiguity and able to create order from chaos. Builds credibility through solid relationships and solid track record of results.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity. Ability to draft and deliver clear and concise procedures or business process documents.
- Planning/Organization - Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt. Able to synthesize large amounts of information. Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.
- Analytical Problem Solving – Ability to identify problems, define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes. Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Manages expectations.
- Science, Engineering or Business background preferred but not essential.
- Formal Lean, Reengineering and/or Six Sigma training preferred but not essential.
- Must have a demonstrated track record in driving performance through self and others by inventively harnessing surrounding (albeit often) constrained resources.
- A demonstrated track record in working with people, understanding customer/client dynamics and driving positive change.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in industry.
- Sound knowledge of cGMPs and equivalent industry regulations.
- Experience in systems thinking.
- Knowledge and previous work experience with process mapping, Lean Six Sigma and Business Process Reengineering would be preferable.
- Knowledge of performance measurement tools and metrics.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.