Apprentice Mechanical Automation and Maintenance FittingLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
4 year Apprenticeship Program
BioMarin has a high-performing, team based organization, where colleagues are flexible, multi-skilled and empowered to make decisions.
A high level of initiative, energy and motivation are key role requirements, as well as excellent organizational skills.
The Mechanical Automation and Maintenance Fitting Apprentice will serve as an integral member of the Maintenance and Engineering team in a Biologics Drug substance manufacturing facility.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a high standard of work, adhere to schedules and be a good communicator with strong interpersonal skills.
The successful candidate will also have good self-awareness, act decisively and be a complete team player.
If successful the candidate must attend block releases through a number of phases throughout the 4 year apprenticeship program. This may require attendance to one of the various technical institutions while maintaining and keeping the FAS / Solas register up to date.
Main areas of responsibility:
• Provide support to the on-site maintenance and engineering personnel in daily routine and non-routine tasks.
• Operate and maintain systems such as emergency standby equipment, utilities and HVAC.
• Opportunity to provide technical support to various cross functional teams throughout the site.
• Responsible for providing support to all equipment so they remain operational, available for use and ensure it is GxP compliant at all times.
• Ensure that all maintenance duties are carried out in accordance to cGMP regulations, safety considerations and site quality standards.
• Use of permit to work system and other on-site safety systems to control engineering activities.
Applicants must have achieved at least Grade D in five Leaving Certificate subjects, including Mathematics, English and preferably one Technical/Science subject. (Current leaving cert students may apply but offer is subject to successfully pass these subjects).
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive or a limitation of the duties of the position. It is intended to describe the general nature of the job that may include other duties as assumed or assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.