Accounting Analyst - Fixed AssetsLocation Cork, Ireland Apply
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
As part the EUMEA Finance Team, the Accounting Analyst will be responsible for managing the Fixed Assets process end to end for all EUMEA entities through applying procedures to analyze, record and perform reconciliations. Perform reconciliation between the Fixed Assets sub ledger and general ledger. Create and maintain good work papers for review and internal and external audits. Assist with audit schedules, external reports, and other monthly accounting close processes. Review and revise accounting transactions for accuracy and conformance to policies and procedures. Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretations.
1. Process Fixed Assets transactions weekly in accordance to procedures and defined timelines. Duties include setting up accurate fixed assets coding assignments and other required attributes, processing Construction In Process items and reconciliation of all Fixed Assets Clearing accounts against mass additions table in sub-ledger weekly.
2. Month-end close of Fixed Assets sub-ledger duties include analyzing, recording and reporting on fixed assets in accordance with local and US GAAP, completing processing of fixed asset additions within close timelines.
3. Perform monthly reconciliation of Fixed Assets and Intangibles between sub-ledgers and general ledger.
4. Run depreciation for all fixed assets.
5. Complete asset capitalization from CIP to Fixed Asset Subledger in line with BioMarin policy.
6. Record fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in the accounting system.
7. Prepare budget v Actual reports at the month end close.
8. Prepare monthly and quarterly reports related to Fixed asset requirements for local and US needs.
9. Support all audit work related to Fixed Assets (internal, external SOX etc.). Responsibility for creating and maintaining all support documentation to support Fixed Assets for all audit support work, as well as other general accounting tasks.
10. Ad-hoc reporting for Senior Management and special projects as required (e.g. support of Grant Claims).
State both the minimum and the preferred educational attainment (or equivalent experience), and describe essential and desired subject matter, certifications, special training, etc.
Qualified Accountant or Accounting Technician
State both the minimum and the preferred number of years of relevant experience, and describe the essential functions of the job.
A minimum of 3 years general finance and accounting experience in a multinational company or comparable experience (e.g., auditing). Prior Fixed Asset experience would be a distinct advantage.
Excellent follow-through and communication skills and ability to work independently and in a complex and fast-paced environment.
Advanced experience with Excel, accounting system reporting and analysis, and enterprise resource management (ERP) systems (Oracle preferred).
Must be highly detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Excellent verbal, written and organization skills required.