Market Access Manager
The Market Access Manager would be responsible for supporting patients in China to gain access to BioMarin products such as Vimizim, Kuvan and future products. The Market Access Manager would capture the opportunity in cities/provinces in China to gain funding for BioMarin products. The Market Access Manager would also need to build a sustainable relationship with stakeholder groups includinggovernment agencies and patient groups.
- Mapping the decision-making and funding processes in targeted regions with a focus on Vimizim access, identifying key stakeholder groups, decision points, influencers etc.
- Provide guidance and plan on the inclusion of Vimizim in the reimbursement scheme in cities/provinces in China.
- Communicate and defend the value of BioMarin treatment with a strong understanding of evidence base
- Stay abreast of the development of relevant policies and relationships in China and ensure BioMarin is on track of any updates
- Become a trusted partner to relevant stakeholders by being present, listening to needs and providing tailored solutions, with a focus on increasing disease awareness, patient diagnosis, improved MPS VIA patient-care and MPS IVA patient access to funding
- Developing advocacy skills of patient organizations and influential specialist physicians, looking at opportunities to develop projects/initiatives supporting patient access, disease awareness, patient-care and evidence development
Project management skills and expenses management for projects as related to market access activities in China.
Bachelor’s degree in business or life sciences
- Should have 5-10 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry, with at least 5 years of market access or government affairs related experience
- Deep knowledge of market access in China, with a network of relationships; background in government affairs andmarket access are preferred
- Strong project management skills and ability to communicate scientific/clinical data with stakeholders
- Influencing skills and ability to develop lasting relationships with different stakeholders
- Experience in obtaining funding for high value treatment and OD in China
- Experience in managing and successfully executing regional and national tenders
- Proven ability to discuss medical scientific issues in peer to peer discussion around product value
- Ideally the candidate has a proven track record in the handling of rare disease drugs or specialist drugs
- Strategic thinking, ability to understand the differential needs of patients, physicians and payers
- Fluent in Mandarin and English is a must
- Microsoft Office, Outlook and Internet professional skills
Return to the top of the page
About our location