Principal Statisitical Programmer I/IILocation Brisbane, California Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Manager/Principal Programmer leads the discovery, development and implementation of SDTM related programming and applications, macros and other advanced programming techniques used for clinical trials data in support of one or multiple regulatory submissions, publications and other business needs.
- Adheres to and responsible for monitoring compliance with departmental procedures and practices, technical and industry standards and programming concepts and conventions during all aspects of work.
- Leads development and project management of SDTM and other related activities planning and design work; Collaborates in the development of business needs assessments and negotiates effectively to meet project timeline. Responsible for every aspect of project deliverables quality.
- Builds effective working relationships with cross functional groups within BioMetrics and across BioMarin to ensure that customer/stakeholder needs are met.
- Effectively utilizes assigned resources and manages deliverables completion to meet project timelines.
- Monitors contractor activities and reviews contractor deliverables as necessary.
- Investigates trends, identifies techniques and makes recommendations for new methods and technologies used in pharmaceutical and/or biotech industries for reporting and managing clinical data.
- Designs and develops technical training materials to support role out efforts.
- BS in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, or related applicable field. MBA or MS preferred.
- 8+ (10+ for Principal II) year of statistical/SAS programming experience; good experience with R is a great plus.