Medical Science Liaison (TEMPORARY)Location Brazil Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a regional position supporting the scientific and business interests of BioMarin by cultivating current and future thought leaders in academic and clinical medicine at the local, regional and national level through the initiation and development of Investigator Sponsored Trials (ISTs), and support of BioMarin registries and other clinical programs. These protocols are activated to complement or supplement the overall product development plan. The MSL must possess in depth knowledge of BioMarin’s approved products, agents in the pipeline, and all associated disease state areas. The MSL must possess the capacity to coordinate and manage solo initiatives or partnerships with external partners independently or with a minimum amount of oversight.
This position will report to Medical Affairs and work closely with the Commercial and the Clinical Teams.
- Develop and execute scientific plans within their region to meet company-defined goals within corporate and regulatory guidelines for products both marketed and in development.
- Visit potential research sites to determine the site’s ability to conduct and accrue to clinical research studies and registries (ie. patient volume, research experience, methodologies, competing studies, etc).
- Implementation and coordination of extramural research (Investigator Sponsored Trials) intended to support the clinical and scientific strategy for the product.
- Identify and build advocacy with key investigators and key accounts to facilitate mutually beneficial research on BioMarin products.
- Liaise with the clinical department by forwarding potential investigators for other BioMarin products in development
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in specific therapeutic areas; review scientific journals, attend scientific and key technical meetings and partner with medical, research and commercial teams.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of both clinical and commercial strategies and priorities.
- Deliver high quality scientific presentations on BioMarin products to physicians and other key external customers.
- Provide medical support for commercial efforts in support of BioMarin products such as representing BioMarin and BioMarin products at exhibits during scientific symposia.
- Identify and recommend speakers for BioMarin’s Speaker’s Bureau and Advisory Boards
- Serve as resource to the commercial team on market intelligence
- Assist in the site level management of the publication plan timelines.
- Provide clinical education support for internal customers.
- Proactively provides feedback on emerging clinical/competitive trends.
- Assure compliance with BioMarin operational guidelines.
Bachelor of Science in a clinical science as well as 2+ years experience in applicable clinical area is required. Must demonstrate understanding of Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and understanding of clinical research materials. Strong presentation skills and the ability to present clinical data is required. The ability to work with both internal and external customers to implement action plans is required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years Clinical and or technical sales experience required.
- 50-75% travel requirement and may include weekends.
- Experience in public presentation required and education program development preferred.
- Good business sense and strategic thinking is essential.
- Goal oriented; knows how to set aggressive targets and can identify and re-plan when target performance will not be met.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.