Associate Territory Manager - RecifeLocation Brazil Workstyle Field Based Apply
Our Commercial organization leads our global sales and marketing strategies around the world. Our integrated team continues to solidify BioMarin’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific.
State the overall function or purpose of the job.
The Territory Manager is responsible for maximizing sales, penetration and market share of BioMarin commercialized products in his/her region, both for Naglazyme, Vimizim and Brineura. From finding new patients and prepare access to medicine (focusing on prescription and infusion site readiness) until supporting adherence to treatment.
Responsibilities and functional oversight to include: commercial operations, promotional activities, marketing operations and relationship management.
- Drive activities to find new patients and preparation to access to Naglazyme, Vimizim, Brineura and other company´s products for patients in the assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers/stakeholders including Geneticists, Neuro Pediatricians, Patient Advocacy Groups, KOLs, pharmacists, nursing staff, administrators from local Health Secretaries, business partners.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings and professional society meetings as assigned.
Become an expert in the disease and medicine clinical data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
• Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
• Act in compliance and adhere to all company policies assigned to the Territory Manager positions.
• Achieve area sales, penetration and patient objectives, on a quarterly & annual basis.
• Manage resources under his/her responsibility (e.g. budget for Find events, T&E).
• Manage and adhere to corporate policies and practices.
• Full compliance to company´s Code of Conduct and Legal/Compliance policies.
• Report any pharmacovigilance issues within the timelines specified in the relevant SOPs to the Regional Manager and BioMarin Drug Safety
Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required.
Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required.
Individual must be flexible and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential changing environment.
Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets.
Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
No direct reports and sales targets according with territory assigned.
- BS/BA degree in business or life sciences, pharmaceutical sales representative education.
- Knowledge of industry and local market conditions
- English (Intermediate level is required, advanced level is a plus)
- A minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare. In-house experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and the general workforce.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others in addressing complex issues.
- Strong persuasive skills and sound business judgment.
- Motivated, self-starter and resilient with ability to appropriately prioritize issues, allocate resources, and be capable of working alone and making sound decisions.
- Good understanding of Health Care Systems.
- Sales-oriented and customer-oriented thinking
- Computer competency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum knowledge of regulatory requirements
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Travel – Mobility to travel up to 70% of working time
- Change – BioMarin has a diversified pipeline and the post holder will be able to quickly come up to speed with the market conditions surrounding new therapy areas.
- Learning – Willingness to continuously learning as well as be pro-active and develop autonomy.
- Self-direction –The post holder will be comfortable with minimal levels of supervision and will be happy to drive projects and programs either on their own or as part of a smaller team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.