Territory ManagerLocation Bogotá, Colombia Apply
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Territory Manager is responsible for maximizing sales, penetration and market share of BioMarin commercialized products in their region, both for Naglazyme, Vimizim and Brineura. From finding new patients and getting their access to medicine (prescription and sales) until supporting adherence to treatment.Responsibilities and functional oversight to include: commercial operations, promotional activities, marketing operations and relationship management.
- Drive access to Naglazyme, Vimizim, Brineura and other company´s products for patients in the assigned territory.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers/stakeholders including Geneticists, Pediatricians, Patient Advocacy Groups, KOLs, pharmacists, nursing staff, administrators from local Health Secretaries, business partners.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings and professional society meetings as assigned.
- Become an expert in the clinical data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
- Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Act in compliance and adhere to all company policies assigned to the Territory Manager positions.
- Achieve area sales, penetration and patient objectives, on a quarterly & annual basis
- Report any pharmacovigilance issues within the timelines specified in the relevant SOPs to the Senior Sales Manager, Senior Area Director and BioMarin Drug Safety
- BS/BA degree in business or life sciences
- Knowledge of industry and local market conditions
- Fluent in English (preferred)
- Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required
- Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required.
- Individual must be flexible and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential changing environment.
- Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets.
- Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
- No direct reports and sales targets according with territory assigned.
- A minimum 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical or healthcare. In-house experience at a pharmaceutical/biotechnology organization strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness operating in complex organizational and regulatory environments.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of management and the general workforce.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others in addressing complex issues.
- Strong persuasive skills and sound business judgment.
- Motivated, self-starter with ability to appropriately prioritize issues, allocate resources, and be capable of working alone and making sound decisions.
- Good understanding of Health Care Systems.
- Sales-oriented and customer-oriented thinking
- Computer competency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- Travel – Mobility to travel up to 70% of working time
- Change – BioMarin has a diversified pipeline and the post holder will be able to quickly come up to speed with the market conditions surrounding new therapy areas.
- Learning – Willingness to continuously learning as well as be pro-active and develop autonomy
- Self-direction –The post holder will be comfortable with minimal levels of supervision and will be happy to drive projects and programs either on their own or as part of a smaller team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.