Omnichannel Customer Engagement Manager/SpecialistLocation Australia Workstyle Field Based Apply
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat. Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach more.
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard – so employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in our efforts to help patients.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Multi-Channel customer engagement Specialist
Exciting opportunity to join the rare diseases team and be a part of the launch of the first available treatment for achondroplasia, a rare genetic condition that causes short stature. The Multi-Channel Specialist (MCS) will be responsible for optimising customer engagement through integrated digital channels to maximise the value of BioMarin products.
This role will work closely with sales and medical affairs team members to ensure that all patients who could benefit from this product have access to it. In addition to supporting scientific congresses and other launch activities, this goal will be achieved by co-development and execution of digital disease awareness and education programs to achieve early diagnosis and referral, optimum treatment outcomes and maximise uptake and adherence to treatment.This passionate individual must thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment; drive for results; understand multi-channel customer engagement; demonstrate initiative and innovative thinking; and be motivated by the desire to improve patients' lives. Strong organisational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills through the use of digital tools are a must. The ability to enlist the cooperation of customers and other stakeholders through excellent communication and the development of partnering relationships will be a critical success factor for this role.
- 5 years of experience in biotech/specialty pharmaceutical sales
- 1 year of digital engagement experience in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industries
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Excellent clinical selling skills with proven record of consistent performance as a top performing sales professional
- Strong customer orientation, insight and relationship building skills
- Demonstrates passion for improving rare disease patient care delivery
- Strong organisational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills, including demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others through excellent communication skills
- Demonstrates superb written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a team and to network across boundaries
- Embraces continuous learning/seeks knowledge, embraces and adopts new technologies and techniques
- Flexible, and adaptable to new situations including the potential constraints of a small commercial organisation
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.