Medical Science Liaison MexicoLocation Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México, Mexico Apply
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is the external-facing scientific expert on the company product(s) and therapeutic area(s), with the core responsibility of scientific engagement. This consists of the establishment and maintenance of ethical and highly scientific peer to peer relationships with leading Health Care Professionals (HCPs) at major academic institutions and hospitals. Based on high-quality interactions and on the generation, interpretation and communication of scientific data with leading HCPs, MSLs could potentially improve - through meaningful scientific exchange - the clinical management of patients and their quality of life.
- Develop and execute scientific plans within their region to meet company-defined goals within corporate and regulatory guidelines for products both marketed and in development
- Scientific Engagement with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in healthcare, to provide appropriate scientific information about company products and related therapy area, gather insights and expert opinions from relevant HCPs
- Proactive KOL / treatment center mapping and planning according to the scientific strategic needs of the product or therapeutic area (pre-, peri- and post-launch)
- Support the Area Medical Manager / Regional Medical Lead on the development and implementation of local Scientific Educational Programs in line with BioMarin’s scientific needs, including the scientific briefing of the speakers
- Conduct drug administration (infusion) readiness trainings upon request
- Support post-marketing studies as required, in collaboration with study management
- Scientific conference support by collaborating in identifying attending HCPs, participation in preparing scientific events, attendance to relevant scientific sessions, engagement in scientific exchange, being part of the staff at medical booths, delivering a meeting report to be shared cross-functionally and present posters or conference as applies.
- Respond to customer requests with relevant scientific information and coordinate with Medical Information the provision of answers for on- or off-label queries
- Evidence generation support by sharing insights on potential study sites in alignment with the Area Medical Director / TA Lead, based on their scientific capabilities, administrative readiness, and stakeholder interests, partnering with clinical operations and Contract Research Organizations (CROs), as required, engaging with investigators both during start-up and throughout the study period to maintain interest in and education about the study. Identify further scientific research opportunities in the area that help increase disease awareness, sharing of best practices, and identification of medical gaps and unmet need
- Share insights and knowledge from HCP interactions with cross-functional team members, identifying unmet medical needs, understanding current healthcare practices and treatment of patients with specific disease (e.g., patient and treatment journey)
- Provide educational Support and training of internal team
Support Medical affairs, Commercial and Access activities in Mexico.
The MSLs will have an advanced scientific training at Bachelor of Sciences level at minimum coupled with significant medical/clinical/academic credentials typically often consisting of but not limited to a doctorate degree (MD, PhD, PharmD, etc.) in the life sciences.
Minimum 2 years in the position preferred 3 or more years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry. The candidates need to have strong external customer focus with excellent networking capabilities and ability to integrate in a multifaceted team. Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation and listening skills are crucial for the success in the role. Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer relationships with HCPs. Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision in a constantly changing environment.
Excellent ability to present and discuss scientific material and its context clearly and succinctly. Ability to summarize and convey scientific literature, as well as to write reports, papers and research protocols. Scientific inquisitiveness is a substantial asset.
Understanding of the industry’s codes of practice relevant for the work is critical for the job. Understanding of clinical development and Good Clinical Practice (GCP) is preferable. Thorough knowledge of the local (regional where appropriate) healthcare system, disease management and medical research, including methodology of clinical trials and literature search. Given the tight transnational collaboration in BioMarin, good written and oral English command is necessary although not for the day to day job.
Willingness to travel at least 60% of the time.
Visit our career website: Working at BioMarin
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.